Wednesday, February 17, 2010

A great love

Some day soon I plan to write more about our amazing dog Tank. For now, we mourn, we grieve, and we remember a beautiful golden puppy who loved everyone especially his family. No more will I have to fetch used tissues out of his mouth or stop him from scavenging for scraps. No more will I caress his silky ears or smell his distinctive puppy breath (which I loved). No more will I hear the clatter of claws down the hallway or rescue drinks from his wagging tail.


But, I will miss him and love him and smile when I tell Tank tales. His family (except for Tug) surrounded him as he drifted off. We loved him as he loved us, deeply and forever.

2 comments:

Ruth and Brian said...

Oh Deb, I am so sorry for your loss. May God bring you comfort in the most unique ways during this time!
Ruth

Tammie said...

So Sorry Deb- big hugs to you.
May that big puppy be free and playing fetch now!