Monday, October 6, 2008

A couple of things

Today the doctor's office called to let us know that the quad screen blood test came back normal. Now are chances of the baby having Downs Syndrome are 1 in 900 (a little higher but I can't remember the exact number), Trisomy 13 1 in 1900 (see previous parantheses), and Trisomy 18 also 1 in 1900 (guess). I don't know the fourth one and don't feel like looking it up. Time for bed, you know.

One thing that I forgot from the ultrasound. The tech kept measuring a bunch of fibroids, too many for me to count, and one that's three inches in diameter -- bigger than the baby. Brian raised the alarm. Our baby will be born with an unusual fear of balls. We'll have to fish the baby out of the ball bin howling. No ball sports, except maybe dodgeball. The tech loved it. I just wish that I could better convey the humor of it all.

Yep, time for bed. Lots of work waiting for me tomorrow and the rest of the week ... well, actually, month.

Buenas noches, mis amigos.

No comments: