Friday, August 29, 2008

Correction & First Baby Photos

We had our first pre-natal appointment with my new Ob-Gyn; Dr. Conner retired this year. Dr. Keely Brown is fantastic. Brian was there and also liked her. She believes that my body knows what it is doing and knows how to carry a baby, that we should take things as they come and enjoy the pregnancy. Perfect.

Gotta tell ya, I'm having a difficult time typing this as Jakey is making wolf howls in my face and keeps grabbing my hand. He'll keep going until I say "What a good wolf!" several times.

Back to the appointment ... we chatted for while, did a quick exam, then onto the vaginal ultrasound. The heartbeat appears like a flickering light; there is nothing like seeing that beacon of life flashing quickly. She gave us a couple of pictures to take home and an adjusted date: April 12th, 2009. Until I have a more high-tech ultrasound, that is our official date. I'm a little disappointed but also very happy that this isn't a multiple pregnancy, no twins or triplets.

Conception was definitely when Brian and I were on our weekend away in LaPush on the Olympic Peninsula. Since Meg was conceived at Lake Ozette, we figure that we have an extra bit of potency on the peninsula, on of our favorite places in the world.

Before we left, the phlebotomist took about six vials of blood, we set up monthly appointments through November, and started a referral to Maternal Fetal Medicine. MFM is a clinic of perinatologists who focus on high risk pregnancies. I will probably see them in the next month for a high-tech ultrasound.

So, I'm signing off tonight at 7 weeks, 5days +/- 2 days.

1 comment:

Tammie said...

Congrats - I love that you are bloggin this