Being the curious and not-too-neat sort, I left them there and hoped that one day I would find out how and why the slices were out of any packaging and in the freezer.
Days passed until the day Meg walked out of the kitchen with both pieces in her hands.
"Do you know why I put two pieces of bread in the freezer?" she asked.
Nope, but I sure wanted to know without dousing her fun. "No, honey, but I've been wondering why, " I answered.
"Well, I wanted to make an ice cream sandwich."
She put the bread back in the freezer for later, and I smiled, holding in my laughter for later when I told Brian. He asked me today if she's tried it yet. Nope, not yet.


2 comments:
I absolutely love the simplicity in the minds of children.
I can remember the time when Dalton was really young and we were sitting in church waiting for the pastor to say something about the offering. Thus came the "Now is the time our tithes and offering to the Lord." As the plate approached and was coming down our aisle, Dalton leaned over to Brian and said "Aren't you going to take your tye off and put it in the offering?"
Enough said!!! :-)
I love that. What a blessing to be reminded how easy life can be and is if we let it.
((HUGS))
Post a Comment